Food Safety and Environmental Hygiene Monitoring System
CheckLite™ CT150 detects Coliforms from swab samples within 5.5 hours.
Characteristics of kit
CheckLite™ CT is a rapid detection kit for the presence of total coliforms, using a sensitive bioluminometric assay for beta-galactosidase in coliform bacteria.
- · More rapid detection method than colorimetric assays or fluorescent assays.
- · Detection for presence or absence of coliform bacteria (not quantitative)
Table. lncubation time required for detecting coliforms★
|Escherichia coli IAM12119
Citrobacter freundii JCM1657
Enterobacter cloacae IAM12349
★Initial coliforms per test medium: about 10 colony forming units
Principle of Measurement
- · CheckLite™ CT150 is an enzymatic presence-absence test for total coliforms relying on the detection of beta-galactosidase. The "Detection reagent CT" contains D-luciferin-O-beta-galacTOPyranoside (LuGal) as an indicator of beta-galactosidase activity, and luciferase.
- · Luciferin produced from LuGal by beta-galactosidase can be detected as luminescence using luciferase. The amount of bioluminescence is direct proportion to the amount of beta-galactosidase from coliform bacteria in the sample culture.
- · A highly sensitive bioluminometric assay of beta-galactosidase allows more rapid detection of coliforms than colorimetric assays.
CheckLite™ CT150 should be stored at 2-8 C in a refrigerator. DO NOT FREEZE